Apply For Housing Here
Choose Your Language
THE JERSEY CITY HOUSING AUTHORITY (JCHA)
WILL BE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING PUBLIC HOUSING PROGRAM SITES ONLY
Welcome to the on-line waiting list pre-application for the Jersey City Housing Authority’s (JCHA), Public Housing Program. The JCHA public housing program offers eligible low-income persons and their families affordable housing. The housing is affordable by virtue of subsidies that allow tenants to pay only a portion of the gross monthly rent. Applicants must: (1) live and/or work in Jersey City to meet eligibility preference criteria; and (2) only apply to the properties for which they are eligible (e.g., only those age 62 or older may apply to elderly-designated properties) The website will have comprehensive instructions for submitting a successful application.
|Berry Gardens (senior only site)||Studio and 2 bedrooms|
|T. J. Stewart (senior only site)||Studio|
|3 Heckman Drive (senior /disabled bldg.)||3 bedrooms|
|Booker T. Washington||4 bedrooms|
|Marion Gardens||5 and 6 bedrooms|
Applications will only be accepted online. There are no paper applications. Only one (1) application per person will be accepted.
The Waiting List will be open from 12:01am (EST) on Monday, October 21, 2019
through 11:59 pm (EST) on Sunday, November 30, 2019
After submission, applicants will receive a confirmation number and they should print, email or otherwise record this number for future reference.
Applicants will receive notification of their Selection Status in approximately ten (10) weeks.
Your family’s combined annual gross income must NOT exceed HUD Income Limits.
|Income Category||1 Person||2 Person||3 Person||4 Person||5 Person||6 Person||7 Person||8 Person|
|80% - Low Income||51,350||58,700||60,050||73,350||79,250||85,100||91,000||96,850|
How to Apply
To apply, read the important information listed here and then click on the link below to complete the on-line application.
- You will need a valid email address to complete and receive future updates about your application status
- Before you begin please have the social security number, date of birth and income information for all household member(s)
- JCHA will only accept one pre-application per person for each waiting list
- Applicant and all adult members of the family must pass a criminal background check.
- If you incorrectly or incompletely fill out the pre-application form, you will be required to make any requested corrections prior to being able to successfully complete the pre-application submission process
- You will receive a confirmation page, that you can print, once your pre-application is successfully submitted
- After your pre-application is submitted, through this process, you will not be able to make any changes
- All applicants are subject to regulations and policies governing the Jersey City Housing Authority
If you do not have an email account you can create one for free at any of the following sites:
Gmail - Click on "Create An Account"
Outlook - Click on "Create account" in the upper right of the page
Yahoo - Fill in the information for an account
Individuals with special needs, including visual impairment, can call (201) 706-4699 and leave their name and number for assistance completing the online application.
Enter your Agent Code here...